Serving : 6 Time : 1 hour Difficulty : Medium
1. 2 to 3 Cups of onions chopped finely lengthwise.
2. 8 table spoons of ghee.
3. 2 tomatoes chopped.
4. 8 to 10 garlic chopped fine.
5. 3 Jalapenos chilis finely chopped’
6. 1 inch ginger piece made into a paste.
7. 2 table spoons of cumin – coriander powder.
8. 1 cup of curds – beaten
9. 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
10. 1 table spoon of kashmiri mirch.
11. 6 chicken thighs = cut into bite sized bits, with bone intact.
12. 2 tsp khada masala
13. Green coriander – a hand full
Heat a large kadai on a medium flame. add ghee to it and when it simmers , add the onions to the kadai.
Saute the onions till they are golden brown. Next add the garlic, ginger, ,and the chopped green chilis.
Saute the masala for 30 seconds then add the tomatoes. Let it cook for 5 mins, till the tomatoes
disintegrate. Now add the cumin -coriander powder, turmeric , kashmiri chili powder and the khada
masala powder. Mx well and let it cook for 1 – 2 mins. Now add salt and the chicken and mix well.
Cover and let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Next add beaten curds, mix well and then cover. Let it cook on a
low flame for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check to see if chicken is cooked. .
When done, check to see the seasoning, and garnish with green coriander
Serve hot with Rotis/Naan/ or Puris
Accompanied by raita, vegetable and salad.